The Nigerian Navy has suspended its 2020 recruitment until further notice.

The Nigerian Navy suspended this year’s recruitment earlier on Tuesday following the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in the country.

The Director of Information, Commodore Suleiman Dahun made this known in a statement to newsmen.

The statement read thus: “The Nigerian Navy wishes to inform the general public and prospective applicants that its 2020 recruitment exercise has been put on hold till further notice in response to national concerns.”

Consequently, the online registration for the 2020 recruitment has been suspended and the recruitment portal deactivated with immediate effect,” the statement said.

Onyxnewsng reports that the online registration for the 2020 Recruitment had began on March 11 and was scheduled to close on April 21.

In a related development, Lagos State Government has shut down all markets in the state, following the addition four cases of coronavirus in Nigeria.

This online news platform reports that the ban on markets would start on Thursday, 26 March.

The closure of the markets is in a bid to reduce the spread of the deadly pandemic.

Meanwhile, Presidency has made the plan to move Abba Kyari to Lagos for treatment after testing positive for coronavirus.

Following the confirmation of Abba Kyari’s health status on the pandemic disease scaring the whole world, a familiar top government source on Tuesday 24 March said that the Nigerian president’s Chief of Staff may be moved to Lagos for treatment any time soon.

There are recent plans by Nigeria’s Presidency to move Abba Kyari, Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, to Lagos for urgent medical attention after he was confirmed to have contracted the deadly coronavirus.

Former Vice President Abubakar Atiku and former Senator for Kogi West Senatorial district, Dino Melaye has sent short words of prayers to Abba Kyari, after he reportedly tested positive for the virus.

While planning to move the president’s Chief of Staff to Lagos for treatment of the deadly disease. Panic has increased as a presidential source confirmed that three of Abba Kyari’s staffs have contracted coronavirus (COVID-19).

Facebook Comments