President Muhammadu Buhari has finally addressed Nigerians for the first time since the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country.

Nigerians have been waiting to hear from the President since the index case was confirmed in Lagos, Nigeria.

In a short video shared by President Buhari’s special assistant on new media, Buhari promised Nigerians that the government is working closely with the Ministry of health to protect the citizens from the deadly disease.

President Buhari’s words: “We are working with Ministry of Health on protecting our citizens from #COVIDー19, as a government, this is now a key priority for us.”
Watch the video below.

Earlier today, Lagos confirmed three fresh cases of coronavirus. And the three new cases was announced by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

The Nigerian Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) as its name implies, is responsible for the control of diseases in the country.

Recently, they show casesd their molecular laboratories which are located at give stated, including FCT, Abuja.

The centre said: “On the 22nd of March 2020, three new confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Nigeria. Till date, twenty-five (25) cases have been confirmed, two cases have been discharged and there has been no death from COVID-19 in Nigeria. Added that: “All three new cases are in Lagos State. They are being treated at the Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba.”

Onyxnewsng has reported earlier that Oyo state, southwest Nigeria, has recorded its first coronavirus (COVID-19) case.

This online news platform also reported that Oyo State government confirmed the suspected case of the pandemic as positive in a statement released on the micro-blogging site, Twitter on Sunday, 22 March by the State Governor, Seyi Makinde.

This online news platform understands that the first coronavirus in Oyo is a returnee from the United Kingdom whose initial tests had shown negative for the virus.

Governor Makinde said in the statement that further tests have proven the UK returnee positive and further disclose that the suspected case in Ekiti who died due to unknown reasons also slept in a hotel in Ona-Ara local government. He added that a returnee from the United States has also been placed on self-isolation after showing signs of the deadly virus.

All together now in Nigeria, the disease has moved to 30 cases.

Facebook Comments