Headline
BREAKING: Nigeria confirms 20 new cases of COVID-19, records two new deaths
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed a new case of coronavirus on Friday night.
The new cases of the pandemic confirmed were twenty.
Eleven cases were confirmed in Lagos, three cases confirmed in the FCT, 3 in Edo, two in Osun and one in Ondo.
Two new deaths have been recorded in Lagos and Edo State, with twenty-five cases discharged.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria to 210.
Also, on Thursday 2, April, Osun State government has confirmed six new cases of coronavirus in the state.
The six new cases are among 127 Cote d’Ivoire that have been tested.
Osun State had already recorded fourteen cases of the COVID-19 on Wednesday, with the new recorded cases, it brings the case to a total of 20 of the deadly pandemic.
Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamontu confirmed the six fresh cases through a phone conversation. He said, “The new cases with the previous case of COVID-19 has turned twenty.”
Meanwhile, as at Wednesday night, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed 23 fresh cases of the deadly coronavirus, which brings the total number of the pandemic in the country to 174 then.
On the other hand, Abba Kyari, the chief of staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, is responding “very well” to treatment in coronavirus.
Abba Kyari, on Sunday, March 29, confirmed that he had tested positive for COVID-19.
Speaking on the health status Abba Kyari’s doctors said he is responding to treatment, and making good progress.
According to reports, “Since the diagnosis, he has had the occasional cough, which, though not chesty, remained stubborn, hence his decision to transfer to a private facility in Lagos for further tests and observations.
“Up till now, he has had no high fever or difficulty in breathing, and the cough is subsiding after treatment, so he is making good progress.
”The doctors want him to sleep and rest more for now, so they took his phones away but he is stable and improving.”
Kyari in a statement released through the twitter handle of the presidency, @NGRPresident, revealed that he would be coming to Lagos state for further tests based on medical advice.
The chief of staff further revealed that he was yet to experience any of the symptoms associated with coronavirus.
Kyari stated that he has made personal arrangements to treat himself to avoid further burdening the public health system which faces so many pressures.
He appreciated Nigerian medical professionals who are working across the country to combat the pandemic. Kyari, however, urged Nigerians to remain calm and maintain good cleaningness.
-
Crime1 week agoBREAKING: High Court Sentences Nnamdi Kanu To Life Imprisonment, See Details
-
Headline1 week agoBREAKING: Tinubu Orders Matawalle To Relocate To Kebbi, See Why
-
Crime4 days agoUK Rejects Nigeria’s Request To Transfer Ekweremadu’s Prison Sentence, See Why
-
Education4 days agoJUST IN: ASUU Alongside NEC Set To Review FG’s Negotiation, See Date
-
Headline1 week ago2025 CAF Award Winners (Full List)
-
Brands and Marketing1 week agoNaira Appreciates Against Dollar Today— Reports
-
Headline1 week agoFIFA W’CUP 2026: Full List Of 42 Countries That Have Secured Qualifications
-
Headline3 days agoBREAKING: 24 Kebbi Schoolgirls Kidnapped Regain Freedom
-
Headline2 days agoJUST IN: Tinubu Finally Appoints Ambassadors, See Full List
-
Headline2 days agoBREAKING: Islamic Scholar Sheikh Dahiru Is Dead, See Details Of Burial
