2023: What Jonathan Said About Presidential Form Bought For Him

Onyxnewsng reports that former President Goodluck Jonathan, has reacted to reports that a northern coalition has bought the APC presidential aspiration forms amounting to N100 million for him to contest the 2023 general election.

Onyxnewsng reports that Jonathan, on Monday night, said he has no link to the northern group which included Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN).

The northern coalition had earlier on Monday, flaunted pictures, bank note of payment and APC forms purportedly procured for Jonathan at the International Conference Centre in Abuja, venue of the collection of APC presidential aspiration forms.

A statement issued on Monday night by Ikechukwu Eze, his media aide, said that the former Nigeria’s leader didn’t authorise the purchase of any party’s form for him.

“It has come to our notice that a group has purportedly purchased Presidential Nomination and Expression of Interest forms of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the name of former President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,” the statement reads.

We wish to categorically state that Dr. Jonathan was not aware of this bid and did not authorise it.

“We want to state that if the former President wanted to contest an election, he would make his intentions clear to the public and will not enter through the back door.

“While we appreciate the overwhelming request by a cross-section of Nigerians for Dr. Jonathan to make himself available for the 2023 presidential election, we wish to state that he has not, in anyway, committed himself to this request.

“Buying a presidential aspiration form in the name of Dr. Jonathan without his consent, knowing the position he had held in this country, is considered an insult to his person. The general public is therefore advised to disregard it.”

Facebook Comments
Advertisements