Headline
Stay Safe: NCDC reveals gender that most contract coronavirus in Nigeria, more cases emerge in Katsina

Onyxnews Nigeria reports that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has revealed the gender that tested more positive for coronavirus pandemic.
The centre listed the total number of 6,649 people tested for the ravaging virus in the country.
The recent report by the public health agency revealed that there are cases of more male patients than females.
This reliable online news platform understands that the Director General (DG) of the NCDC, Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu made this announcement in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Abuja.
Iheakweazu stated that “NCDC data revealed that of the 6,649 suspected cases tested for the disease, 71 per cent were males, while females made up just 21 per cent of the total number.”
He said; “210 had travel history, 129 were contacts of confirmed cases, 11 were infected by unknown sources, while 92 still had incomplete epidemiological information.”
Onyxnews Nigeria also reports that Katsina State has confirmed two new cases of the coronavirus disease, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the state to nine.
Medical Doctor dies of deadly coronavirus in Akwa Ibom
The Chairman, Katsina State COVID-19 Emergency Response Committee and Deputy Governor, Mannir Yakubu made this known on Friday at a press briefing in Government House, Katsina
Mannir said: ‘’The state initially had seven positive cases but the number rose to nine following test outcomes of the two new cases
‘’ Of the four new cases, three were from Daura via a community transmission from one of the contacts to the state’s index case”
“The other victim is a resident of Dutsinma Local Government Area who recently returned to the state from Lagos.” He added.
He also revealed that the committee had been able to raise over N207 million donations, to tackle the deadly coronavirus, and that another N33.5 million pledges were pending from donors.
Mannir also said that seven proposed isolation centres have been identified in Daura, Baure, Funtua, Malumfashi, Dutsinma, Kankia and Jibia council areas, to complement the ones in the state capital.
He revealed that the committee had trained 66 medical personnel for the proposed isolation centres, at the cost of N3.7 million.
-
Headline1 week ago
UEFA Nations League: Semi-final Draw Confirmed [Full Fixtures]
-
Headline1 week ago
“Unlawful” – Peter Obi Criticizes Tinubu Administration Over Release of Rivers State Funds to Sole Administrator
-
Entertainment1 week ago
Jaywon Warns New Artist: ‘Nigerian Music Industry Not for the Weak’
-
Entertainment1 week ago
Lights, Camera, Africa! AMVCA 2025 Nominees Revealed
-
Entertainment1 week ago
If You Attach 20 Years Jail Sentence With No Option For Fine, People Will Refrain from Piracy – Jide Kosoko
-
Headline1 week ago
Marley Testifies, Points to Mohbad’s Wife, Others for Questioning
-
Entertainment5 days ago
Beauty Tukura Vows to Keep Love Life Private After Relationship With Neo
-
Headline1 week ago
Atiku Abubakar Reveals Why He Did Not Choose Wike as Running Mate in 2023 Election
-
Headline1 week ago
NIMC to Crack Down on Unauthorized NIN Card Production
-
Brands and Marketing1 week ago
Naira Rises To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market